Are you a bookworm? Or maybe, you’re thinking of getting Dad a book for this Fathers Day?
If the answer is yes to either of these questions, you’re in luck. We have spoken to Bree @borrowed.books, an avid reader and Salvos Stores shopper to give us her tips to finding a great read at Salvos Stores!
But, before Bree gives us her tips, we wanted to find a little more out about her!
1. What is reading to you?
Reading to me is that I can be taken to another place or another life and all I have to do is pick up a book. As Stephen King says
“Books are a uniquely portable magic.”
2. Best Salvos stores book haul?
I have bought some great books from Salvos Stores, among my favourites are many Stephen King novels, The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald and The Messenger by Markus Zusak.
But of all my finds, my best was The Time Travelers Wife by Audrey Niffeneger. I saw it while browsing and I decided to buy it. I’d heard of the movie but had never read it. It’s turned out to be one of my favourite books.
3. All time favourite book?
This is the hardest question because it’s almost impossible to pick just one with so many great books and book series out there. But I will. It’s Harry Potter, no surprise really, they’re books I could read over and over again and still enjoy. Reading it is like going home, it’s a story that will stay with me and so many others “..until the very end.”
4. Your Top 3 tips for finding great books at Salvos Stores!
- Go Regularly! I usually only go a couple times per month depending on how busy I am. But if you can go more often or to different stores, do it! As my dad says “cast your net wide”!
- Double check the shelves! Seriously, look carefully. I scan each shelf and then do it again because often I’ll find some gems I missed the first time around. Then triple check, just in case!
- Hidden Shelves! In my local Salvos, there’s a little shelf called ‘Staff Picks’. It’s often missed because it’s hidden around the corner of the other shelves. But that’s where the good stuff is, so always check your local for those hidden shelves!